Project Educate Gallery: Film + Animation 
Who Are The Film & Animation Volunteers?
The film and animation galleries, which we introduced earlier today
, are currently run by two community volunteers. kingmancheng
who started working with the community in late September of 2011, and TimberClipse
who began in November of 2012. kingmancheng
is now a mentor for the film & animation galleries and also works as a freelance illustrator and animator. TimberClipse
works in the film industry mostly with the camera department and has directed a couple of films of his own.
Together, the two of us work side-by-side to bring activity, daily deviations, and features to the Film & Animation galleries. Every Daily Deviation that is selected, is agreed by both volunteers working in tandem.
What Do We Look For In Daily Deviations?
Daily Deviations are tricky to choose We look for quality within a deviation, not only by itself, but also against other deviations similar to it, other deviations the filmmaker has created. We look at the use of visual elements, audible elements, and editing approaches. All of these factors make up what we look for in DDs.
What Qualifies Films For Daily Deviations?
We have a few things that qualify films for Daily Deviations.
- To start off, we have some rules that are set for all galleries. For example, we cannot feature a deviant more than once every 6 months. For a full list of these rules, please take a look at our guidelines.
- For films in particular, what qualifies them is their quality in all aspects of the film or animation and how everything works together.
- Story - We look for strong, compelling, and new stories.
- Acting - Fun, entertaining, and captivating acting is great
- Editing - Editing should be clean, exact, and bring the story together
- Animation - Animation styles that are unique or realistic are especially amazing
- Music - Pieces that match the film or animation and add to the emotion that is felt
- We want to feature something that is special, something that every artist strives for. We look for items that include new styles, ideas, and hard work put in by the filmmaker(s) or animator(s).
What Is The Film & Animation Gallery For?
The film and animation gallery is created for filmmakers and animators of all varieties, skill sets, and experience levels. We are a home and community that supports all types of films and animations. We do not accept flash animations, however, they can be placed in the Flash Gallery
Films that are submitted to deviantART should be a piece of art. To us, that means that films should be strong in their components based on their category. For example, a short fiction film should have a strong story, characters, music (if applicable) and editing while a 30-second commercial should be an excellent sell for the company, group, project, or whatever the film was created for.
We aren’t looking for home videos or pieces that are made without an artistic component to the film. We also will not accept any content that is pornographic, further definitions of what this content is available in the FAQ
The Film & Animation gallery is a fantastic place to share your work, but it also is one of only a few real communities for filmmakers. We hope to continue to grow the community, and we would love your help being part of that!